Renata Landskind was born in Kiev, Ukraine, and grew up in Manhattan Beach, Brooklyn. After graduating from St. John's University with a degree in criminal justice, she earned a J.D. from Brooklyn Law School in 1999. Ms. Landskind began her legal career working for the counsel to the public administrator of Kings County, where she gained valuable Surrogate's Court experience. She draws on this expertise as she represents spouses, heirs, trustees, and executors in will and trust contests, accounting proceedings, fiduciary removal actions, kinship proceedings, and the successful probate of lost wills, among other Surrogate’s Court actions.
Ms. Landskind later joined an elder law firm where she practiced elder law for 18 years, becoming a partner in 2009. With her partner and husband, Terence Ricaforte, Esq., Renata established her current firm, Landskind & Ricaforte, on the principle of providing high-quality legal services while building trusted and strong relationships with the client.
Throughout her 20-year legal career, Ms. Landskind has concentrated her practice in the areas of elder law, estate planning, Medicaid planning, and trusts, with a focus on the probate and administration of complex estates. She regularly assists clients in planning for the preservation of assets in the face of catastrophic medical events and applying for and obtaining Medicaid for in-home care and nursing homes as a vehicle to both preserve those assets and take the burden off loved ones in a time of need. Her legal services also extend to asset protection, business planning, and real estate transactions.
Ms. Landskind regularly appeared on the live cable television show "Ask the Lawyer," a production of the Prayer Channel (now NET). In addition, she has been a guest speaker at several New York State Bar Association estate-planning and elder law events held at various health care facilities and senior centers.
- “Ask The Lawyer” - Regular appearances on this live, viewer call-in cable television show (Time Warner Cable Channel 97, Cablevision Channel 30); 2005-2007.
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Accredited Attorney
- New York, 2000
- New Jersey, 2000
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2004
- U.S. Tax Court, 2008
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York
- St. John's University, Staten Island, New York
- B.S. cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- New York State Bar Association - Trusts & Estates & Elder Law Sections
- Bay Ridge Lawyer’s Association STG, Business Group