TERENCE J. RICAFORTE, grew up in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn. After graduating from Manhattan College, he earned a J.D. from New York Law School. Mr. Ricaforte joined the Miami Dade State Attorney’s Office as an Assistant District Attorney in 2006 where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony crimes through numerous jury and bench trials.
Mr. Ricaforte returned home to Bay Ridge to be closer to family and friends. Using the litigation and trial experience he developed as an assistant State’s Attorney, he was able to build a niche practice of Estate Litigation within his last firm. Mr. Ricaforte has handled jury trials, contested probate, tax court proceedings, administration and accounting proceedings, discovery proceedings, contested power of attorneys, fraudulent transfer issues, guardianship of incapacitated persons, and contested real estate matters. His vast experience in all forms of estate and elder law litigation has made him a proficient estate and elder law planner due to his knowledge of all of the issues that can arise as a result.
Mr. Ricaforte has concentrated his practice of law in every element of Estate Litigation, Probate and Administration, Estate Planning, Elder Law, Medicaid Planning and Taxation. He has conducted many successful fair hearings fighting successfully for those whose Medicaid eligibility was at stake or altogether denied.
Mr. Ricaforte currently lives in Brooklyn, NY with his wife and three daughters. In his spare time, Mr. Ricaforte is a Mentor for the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program and has helped raise funds for the American Heart Association.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning, Elder Law, Taxation, Medicaid Strategies, Asset Protection, Business Succession Planning
- Estate Litigation, Probate and Estate Administration
Past Employment Positions
- Partner - Karol & Sosnik, P.C.
- Partner - Connors and Sullivan, Attorneys At Law, PLLC
- Miami Dade Assistant State Attorney
- Florida, 2006
- New York, 2007
- New Jersey, 2007
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York, 2007
- U.S. Tax Court
- New York Law School, New York, NY
- Manhattan College, Riverdale, New York
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association - Trusts & Estates, Elder Law Sections
- Bay Ridge Lawyer’s Association
- St. Patrick’s Society of Brooklyn